Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Moved in!

Quick note: I wrote the following yesterday but never got around to posting. Two nights down in the new house. Good times.
That's right, we've moved in. Our new house is filled with boxes and general moving debris, but we don't really care. Last night we slept there, and that felt great. The house isn't 100% complete, but it surely is livable, and we really couldn't stay away any longer. There was some sort of pull where we just decided that it was time, and it didn't matter if the kitchen countertops weren't finished, or that some of the trim isn't complete. So we packed up the apartment and moved. Three days of straight work, Jess still at the new house trying to get it ready, me at the old place packing. My mom came over to help on Saturday, which was a huge help. She tackled the kitchen, and that was awesome. On Monday our friend David helped Jess move the big stuff, and my folks came over again to shuttle another load over to Coyote Run. We haven't quite gotten everything out of the old place, but we'll get to that later this week. So there is still a lot to do, and I don't think it has quite sunk in yet that we finally moved in. To look back to when we moved from Wyoming to Vermont in September of 2005 thinking that we'd build the house in the Spring of 2006. Little did we know what we would be dealing with. It was one year ago this week that we finally received our wastewater permit from the state of Vermont. It was thirteen years ago this week that Jess and I got together. We can't remember anything really cool happening this week in other years, but we figure those three things are pretty big. I'm calling it a lucky week. The photos I have now are from before we moved in, but I'll get some up soon of the finished (or close to it) product. For now I want to thank all the people that helped us, especially our parents, and families. We couldn't have done it without you. And to Jess, who has lived and breathed this house for the last nine months. It's time to pour the Gatorade cooler over your head and carry you off the field. I'm sure we'll be finishing this house for a long time, but we should enjoy this time for what it is. Here are the photos from 199, check back for more soon.


Hayden the tile guy. Nice job.
Bathroom vanity
stairs
Kitchen without backsplash or grout. The stove is missing too, but it's in now.
I love my new house!!

1 comment:

Shawn Sheridan said...

I'm sorry, but I can't find an e-mail contact for you, so I am posting this question to your blog. Are you originally from Boxford MA? Assuming you are, I was trying to locate what I believe to be your brother Eric.