Thursday, June 7, 2007

Moving on up!

the view of the house from the southwest
That's us up there!
Cute view from the second floor
sunset from the second floor....

and Mz and Jess heading back to ground level


The second floor deck is on now and I got my first look at it last night. It was such a cool feeling to stand up there and look out at what our view will be. We can see a little sliver of the lake to the West, and I'm sure that during the winter months we'll be able to see a lot more. For now this seems like another big step in the building process. Helen and Paul watched Miranda and Jess and I hung out at the house site just taking it all in. It is really starting to feel like a home to us now. We were thinking back to a year ago when we had just finished our ground water monitoring of the soil on the property. We weren't sure if we'd be able to put in a septic system, and if we couldn't do that we couldn't build a house. So we've come a long way, and to stand up on the second floor and look out towards the lake, well I just don't think I have words for it.
Levi seemed a little disappointed that he couldn't come up with us. He did a funny thing though, he went out into the yard and sat down where he could see us. I thought that was pretty cool. He's going to be one lucky doggie to get to live at 199 Coyote Run.

No comments: